Lori Kindler Pottery on Facebook

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Raku Workshop

My finished piece
I attended a raku workshop today that was given by my lovely friend, Miya Endo of Miya Pottery here in Dixon, NM.  Six of us braved the snow and cold temperatures to do this outside firing in a homemade kiln made out of a metal garbage can.  This was my second time doing a raku firing with Miya, both with spectacular results.  A raku kiln is the next accessory I plan on adding to my studio and I will build it myself, with a little help from my friends.




Glazed pieces before the firing
The glaze bubbles during the firing
process near the end



Metal cans lined with newspaper
awaiting the fired pieces








The finished pieces are placed in the metal cans
 and sealed for reduction



The finished pieces from the workshop

No comments:

Post a Comment