Lori Kindler Pottery on Facebook

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happy New Year

The holidays are over.  I have returned from my travels.  I have cleaned out all of my pottery from the gallery now that the holiday bazaar is over.  Out with the old, in with the new....

The New Year is always a time for reflection.  How did last year go?  What will I do differently this year?  New goals are set, resolutions are made.  In my personal life, it always seems to be the same.  I always resolve to exercise more and I also recognize that I need to step out of my introverted shell a little more often--the side of me that my private studio nurtures so well.  This year I am also thinking about where I am going with my pottery.  I am determined to make a raku kiln this year.  I am fascinated by this firing and love the thought of experimenting with it.  I am also thinking about what new venue I will sell at and how to prepare for that. I don't have an answer for that one yet, but I am setting a goal of finding another venue.

So, I got back to work in the studio this weekend with all of these things in the back of my mind.  I was quickly reminded of how much physical work throwing is after taking quite a bit of time off.  With tired hands and forearms, I put the handles on my teacups and trimmed up my saucers today.  These are all part of a larger special order, my largest commission to date.  Not a bad way to start the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment