Lori Kindler Pottery on Facebook

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

New Items for the Los Alamos Spring Arts Fair


Plate


     I have been working furiously for the past few weeks to get ready for the Los Alamos Spring Arts Fair.  This will be my first outdoor show, so I have been learning the ropes of what to expect there and how to prepare for the spring winds of northern New Mexico.  I fired the kiln up three times this week and pulled out a few rather large disappointments, but some great ones as well. I have been experimenting with a number of slab pieces and having a lot of fun with it.  I made several very large slab vases which took up a considerable amount of room in my kiln and none of which will ever be seen by the public.  The three pictures I have posted here are all of slab pieces that I feel pretty good about.  The large square platter is not a flat piece, but one that curves upward at each corner.  The mask below is one that I put up in a earlier post when it was still greenware.  I love this mask.  Although I will take it to the fair, I wouldn't mind if it doesn't sell because I know exactly where I will hang it if it doesn't sell.  The business card holder is one of those items that I made because I needed one myself.  I am fond of putting these textured buttons on my slab pieces, and I like the way it looks on this piece.  One of these buttons graced each of my slab vases, but I'm still trying to let those go.

Card holder     So, if you are free on Saturday, please come up to Los Alamos and check out the Spring Art Fair .  It will be going on from 9am until 4pm on the Fuller Lodge lawn.  The weather has been beautiful and I hear there will be lots of great artists showing their work.   I will have all of these pieces for sale, as well as all of my wheel-thrown work.  I pulled out lots of salt cellars and butter dishes which seem to go quickly.  Please stop by and say, "Hi!"


Mast

No comments:

Post a Comment