Lori Kindler Pottery on Facebook

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Masks

I unloaded a couple of masks today in my most recent glaze firing.  They had been sitting around on a shelf for many months due to a lack of inspiration on how to finish them.  Initially I thought I would raku them when I finally got around to building my raku kiln, but that hasn't happened yet.  One of my children has a mask that I made hanging in his room and it has been a family favorite.  It was also glazed with a glossy glaze in an electric kiln, so I figured I would go ahead.  I would like to have a few items that are different than the other functional pieces that I make.  So, here they are. And I feel quite pleased with them.  My children are hoping that they don't sell and I'll put them up in our house.  It's always a tough call.

1 comment:

  1. These are great, Lori! Thanks for posting a blog. I look forward to reading your entries! Eva

    ReplyDelete