Lori Kindler Pottery on Facebook

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A Visit From the Local Woodworker


 I had a local woodworker and friend make a new display shelf for the studio, just in time for the Dixon Studio Art Tour.  I am very happy with it.  He came and set it up himself, what service!  I appreciate the adjustable feet that he put on the base to make sure that it is level in my not-so-level studio.  Most of all it is sturdy in a way that only something handmade by a real carpenter can be.  I will keep the shelving unit that I bought years and years ago at a big box store because I still need the shelf space, but the quality cannot be compared.  While he was at it, he also made a screen door that you can see at the bottom.  We will enjoy the cool breezes coming through it for only a few more weeks, then we will cover the screen with a piece of glass for the cold weather to come.  It should make the studio a little warmer because it is a rather leaky door.  So, the improvements keep rolling in.  Last week my husband painted his half of our two room studio.  There has never been paint on the bare drywall that only makes up one wall on my half, but two walls on his half.  Hopefully mine will be painted soon, but considering the work that needs to go on in there this month, we'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment