Lori Kindler Pottery on Facebook

Monday, October 8, 2012

Fall is in the Air

The view from behind our property
   What does this cute family have to do with pottery?  Well, not much, but this is my family on a walk out behind our house.  We are definitely enjoying the fall colors around here.  There is a chill in the air and a buzz around town that can only mean the Dixon Studio Tour is right around the corner.  We mailed out just under 6,000 maps this past week.  It was no small task, but an enjoyable one with a sense of camaraderie as close to a dozen of the artists pitched in and made it happen.  Now that the maps are out, there is much to talk about.  People are stopping to tell me that they saw I would be on the tour this year and promise to stop by.  My neighbor picked up the phone to wish me well and tell me how excited she is for me.  This is an amazing community that we live in and I feel like the tour really brings it out.

   So, I've been working hard trying to get ready.  Yesterday I made a few of these soup mugs and plates to have available.  I like the idea of this set and it fits right in with the season.  I also made a few more of my whimsical masks.  I can't help but smile when I look at them.  I hope that these new items may entice you to stop by my studio, but if not, surely the view alone will bring you up my way.  I'm only a half mile off of the main road, but certainly on the edge of the wilderness surrounded by public BLM land.  I happen to think that it is one of the most scenic spots in Dixon.


No comments:

Post a Comment